I tried to take it with a grain of salt when my 4 year old daughter had enlightened me to the fact that her current day care 'teacher' had been giving her baths at night before bed, as well as actually laying in bed with her, rubbing her back, and playing with her hair to help her fall asleep her on those nights she spent at her father's home.My immediate thought was that she (her Kindercare 'teacher') was perhaps doing some 'babysitting' for some of the families from the center for a few extra dollars...
But when my daughter went as far as to tell me that she saw Ms. * with no shirt on and only her underware when she woke in the middle of the night, I became a bit uncomfortable with the situation and brought it to both the director and assistant director's attention of the center. My immediate concern was, because I was actively PAYING for my child to be cared for and taught at the center, that there would be some confusion on teacher/student boundaries in the classroom; setting up my daughter for failure in her future teacher/student relationships. I was told by the director that in her 'opinion' that the teacher had done no wrong when it came to the 'ethical' implications of both the teaching profession, as well as from the center itself.
However, she did agree to speak to the 'district manager' of the Kindercare 'region' in which we live in. I never received a phone call back from the director. Despite my numerous phone calls to them to follow up, I never was able to speak to the 'district manager' or anyone above the center director. Not even a month later, the center in which this incident took place at had notified all parents that the center would be 'closing due to low enrollment.' We were offered another center for our daughter to attend.
I obviously wanted NOTHING to do this this organization following this terrible incident and NO resolution I received in trying to openly discuss it. The 'director' of the center did, however, pull me aside on my daughter's last day there noting "You should really should consider keeping your daughter enrolled here. Ms. * will no longer be her teacher in the classroom- I can assure you." Funny how despite the great job she did 'covering' the whole situation up, she would have the audacity to talk ethics to me at that point...
I actually felt sick to my stomach, and that feeling has never left my gut.I will tell EVERYONE I encounter in any respect to childcare about my experiences with Kindercare and what an unethical establishment it truly is.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Child Care
- Review category
- Kindergartens and Nurseries
You May Also Like
- "CCLC/Kindercare is breaking their contract with USC prematurely because they are concerned with legal issues. While breaking their contract prematurely, they wrote us an email claiming to care about the..."
- "This is to let you know that our son, Ted, had a wonderful time at the Summer camp Fremont organized by Riverdales After School. When we picked him up from..."
- "This place & owner is highly unprofessional, Tinnequa Wall is a FRAUD, she's inconsistent, unorganized, makes promises she doesn't keep, and cheats you out of your money. At the rate..."
- "Better use consignee rather than your own people which not taking care and stealing the contents of the box. batter add precautions and implement rules to avoid this kind of..."
- "Ordered 1/2" Carolina Stair Single Swivel Base for Adjustable Slide Baluster. They are actually 3/8". I had to pay a machine shop to machine them. I chose not to complain...."
- "Be very, very, very cautious of dealing with this company. I will not ever do business with them again. I have been trying to get them to replace a coil..."