Kindercare - Teachers engaging in relationships with active student's parent and director of center covering it up.
I tried to take it with a grain of salt when my 4 year old daughter had enlightened me to the fact that her current day care 'teacher' had been giving her baths at night before bed, as well as actually laying in bed with her, rubbing her back, and playing with her hair to help her fall asleep her on those nights she spent at her father's home.My immediate thought was that she (her Kindercare 'teacher') was perhaps doing some 'babysitting' for some of the families from the center for a few extra dollars...
But when my daughter went as far as to tell me that she saw Ms. * with no shirt on and only her underware when she woke in the middle of the night, I became a bit uncomfortable with the situation and brought it to both the director and assistant director's attention of the center. My immediate concern was, because I was actively PAYING for my child to be cared for and taught at the center, that there would be some confusion on teacher/student boundaries in the classroom; setting up my daughter for failure in her future teacher/student relationships. I was told by the director that in her 'opinion' that the teacher had done no wrong when it came to the 'ethical' implications of both the teaching profession, as well as from the center itself.
However, she did agree to speak to the 'district manager' of the Kindercare 'region' in which we live in. I never received a phone call back from the director. Despite my numerous phone calls to them to follow up, I never was able to speak to the 'district manager' or anyone above the center director. Not even a month later, the center in which this incident took place at had notified all parents that the center would be 'closing due to low enrollment.' We were offered another center for our daughter to attend.
I obviously wanted NOTHING to do this this organization following this terrible incident and NO resolution I received in trying to openly discuss it. The 'director' of the center did, however, pull me aside on my daughter's last day there noting "You should really should consider keeping your daughter enrolled here. Ms. * will no longer be her teacher in the classroom- I can assure you." Funny how despite the great job she did 'covering' the whole situation up, she would have the audacity to talk ethics to me at that point...
I actually felt sick to my stomach, and that feeling has never left my gut.I will tell EVERYONE I encounter in any respect to childcare about my experiences with Kindercare and what an unethical establishment it truly is.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Kindergartens and Nurseries
You May Also Like
- "With numerous complaints/concerns in regards to injury and lack of supervision along with other things but Safety concerns being the biggest concern, i have found that in our 8 month..."
- "Raintree Academy is dirty, cracked floor, dusty shelved, and now know a former escort, Nicole Mateo, was allowed to work their to top it off. My child was withdrawn and..."
- "Beware of a horrible, mean, and lazy babysitter. She was hired to watch a 3 year old and 8 year old. She sat on her butt and played..."
- "Blane Curry and Glenn Dormer who runs the business Energywise LED Solutions are big time Fraud.They cheat people with their so called LED bulbs which are made in china. I..."
- "We purchased a five year policy for our KitchenAid refrigerator in October, 2012. After our refrigerator's ice maker stopped working in July, 2016, we had one of AIG's repairmen fix..."
- "Ryan Homes a problem you don't want because I paid for poor poor workmanship and will still be paying for that poor workmanship to be repaired by professionals. The..."