Kindercare - Unethical establishment
I tried to take it with a grain of salt when my 4 year old daughter had enlightened me to the fact that her current day care 'teacher' had been giving her baths at night before bed, as well as actually laying in bed with her, rubbing her back, and playing with her hair to help her fall asleep her on those nights she spent at her father's home.My immediate thought was that she (her Kindercare 'teacher') was perhaps doing some 'babysitting' for some of the families from the center for a few extra dollars...
But when my daughter went as far as to tell me that she saw Ms. * with no shirt on and only her underware when she woke in the middle of the night, I became a bit uncomfortable with the situation and brought it to both the director and assistant director's attention of the center. My immediate concern was, because I was actively PAYING for my child to be cared for and taught at the center, that there would be some confusion on teacher/student boundaries in the classroom; setting up my daughter for failure in her future teacher/student relationships. I was told by the director that in her 'opinion' that the teacher had done no wrong when it came to the 'ethical' implications of both the teaching profession, as well as from the center itself.
However, she did agree to speak to the 'district manager' of the Kindercare 'region' in which we live in. I never received a phone call back from the director. Despite my numerous phone calls to them to follow up, I never was able to speak to the 'district manager' or anyone above the center director. Not even a month later, the center in which this incident took place at had notified all parents that the center would be 'closing due to low enrollment.' We were offered another center for our daughter to attend.
I obviously wanted NOTHING to do this this organization following this terrible incident and NO resolution I received in trying to openly discuss it. The 'director' of the center did, however, pull me aside on my daughter's last day there noting "You should really should consider keeping your daughter enrolled here. Ms. * will no longer be her teacher in the classroom- I can assure you." Funny how despite the great job she did 'covering' the whole situation up, she would have the audacity to talk ethics to me at that point...
I actually felt sick to my stomach, and that feeling has never left my gut.I will tell EVERYONE I encounter in any respect to childcare about my experiences with Kindercare and what an unethical establishment it truly is.1284be1a review #459790
You may also like
- "Beware of a horrible, mean, and lazy babysitter. She was hired to watch a 3 year old and 8 year old. She sat on her butt and played..."
- "Warning to all parents: American Heritage daycare located in Rosenberg, TX has had several complaints regarding child neglect/ abuse. Their website looks professional enough, but there is not much to..."
- "Certificate fosterparents.com issued was in the State home licence name which is two names. The web site fosterparents.com issued an unauthorised additional charged to my credit card account a month..."
- "Received a bouquet of my favorite sunflowers from my mother for admin. professionals day yesterday (4/22/15). When I opened the box, three of the heads had fallen off completely...."
- "after being told they dont ship your order until the company has 200-250 orders to ship i expressed concern for why they charge for shipping and how they can ensure..."
- "I bought two salads from my neighborhood Walmart .. I didn't enjoy either and ended up tossing half of my money away because the salad was uneatable containing BROWN/OLD lettuce...."