Kindercare - Unethical establishment
I tried to take it with a grain of salt when my 4 year old daughter had enlightened me to the fact that her current day care 'teacher' had been giving her baths at night before bed, as well as actually laying in bed with her, rubbing her back, and playing with her hair to help her fall asleep her on those nights she spent at her father's home.My immediate thought was that she (her Kindercare 'teacher') was perhaps doing some 'babysitting' for some of the families from the center for a few extra dollars...
But when my daughter went as far as to tell me that she saw Ms. * with no shirt on and only her underware when she woke in the middle of the night, I became a bit uncomfortable with the situation and brought it to both the director and assistant director's attention of the center. My immediate concern was, because I was actively PAYING for my child to be cared for and taught at the center, that there would be some confusion on teacher/student boundaries in the classroom; setting up my daughter for failure in her future teacher/student relationships. I was told by the director that in her 'opinion' that the teacher had done no wrong when it came to the 'ethical' implications of both the teaching profession, as well as from the center itself.
However, she did agree to speak to the 'district manager' of the Kindercare 'region' in which we live in. I never received a phone call back from the director. Despite my numerous phone calls to them to follow up, I never was able to speak to the 'district manager' or anyone above the center director. Not even a month later, the center in which this incident took place at had notified all parents that the center would be 'closing due to low enrollment.' We were offered another center for our daughter to attend.
I obviously wanted NOTHING to do this this organization following this terrible incident and NO resolution I received in trying to openly discuss it. The 'director' of the center did, however, pull me aside on my daughter's last day there noting "You should really should consider keeping your daughter enrolled here. Ms. * will no longer be her teacher in the classroom- I can assure you." Funny how despite the great job she did 'covering' the whole situation up, she would have the audacity to talk ethics to me at that point...
I actually felt sick to my stomach, and that feeling has never left my gut.I will tell EVERYONE I encounter in any respect to childcare about my experiences with Kindercare and what an unethical establishment it truly is.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Much like the other reviews here, they put me through the ringer. Forms, tax returns, bank statements, W-2's, etc. One step at a time. So first fill out forms. 3..."
- "I received one of these "Award Notifications" from "US Airlines" the other day in the amount of $1350.00 for 2 round trip tickets to anywhere in the US. Mine..."
- " I have worn hair extensions for 5 years and wanted to try something new. I was recommended to try Hot Heads from a few Cosmetologist friends. ..."
- "I wanted to say this has been the worst 2 days first it started when we got the room it has not been cleaned yet so we called front desk..."
- "I bought a pair of nice fashion sneakers from Aureus but they do not ship outside of US. So I went searching though the internet for a service that can..."
- "A few weeks ago they were selling eggs for $.99 cents a dozen, that is good price. The problem the eggs were on a metal shelf outside the refrigerator. ..."